Thursday, July 23, 2009

Busy and Productive: Band rehearsals.

Saturday's gig at the Avery Brew Pub is coming up: 5-7, July 25th.
We've been practicing a lot and adding more songs to the set list.
Jess' singing and songwriting will be featured at our Rock n' Soul cafe gig next Thursday (7:30pm, July 30th) along
with Evan, our Rhthym guitarist showcasing one of his original songs. It's exciting to see
the evolution of this band coming together.
Thomas, the band leader, has been very generous in being available for creative feedback and ideas to develop his songs into life. So often, I've seen and heard about these bands not able to make it, or struggling through the process because there is so much ego involved.
We certainly do our best to continuously approach this incredible experience from the heart, really open to creating community and cohesion within this group dynamics.
Personally, for me, I have better days then others when it comes to singing. I'm realizing the value of confidence when I sing. How notes and vocals can sound flat and thin if there isn't enough assuredness behind my intention. I also realize what works best for me in this incredible learning curve. It's great when I can be shown how to adjust, change or improve my voice, rather than describing it.
Aaaah, Life and all the opportunities to continuously learn more about myself, where I am at, how I relate in group, what are my current strengths and challenges and how willing I am to staying open during the process.

High note: Noticed on one blues song that I am singing with Evan, I really enjoy singing at a lower pitch and in the blues. There is a discovery of a side of me that is very eager to come out, looking forward to developing my singing so it can carry a truer expression of what I feel inside.
Grrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment